Friday, February 6, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

My little boy is having a birthday party soon and he loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Here are a few ideas I came up with for the invites.
This one is a stair-stepper card


This one I used our cool Circle Window Charms to make a Mickey Mouse head! I thought this card was a little lacking something though.


I'm sure I'm not done making stair-stepper cards! Mine is done with a 5x5 base when folded completely up. Here are the folding instructions for the base of my stair-stepper card:
You will need:
1 - 5x12 strip of cardstock
1 - 5x10 strip of cardstock
1.) Starting at the top of the 5x12 strip, fold down 2 inches. Then fold back 2 inches (as to make a paper fan), 4 inches from the top.
2.) The next step measures 3 1/2 inches. Fold at 7 1/2 inches then at 11 inches. You will have a 1 inch tab left.
3.) Fold the 5x10 strip of cardstock in half.
4.) Glue the 1 inch tab to the inside front of the second strip of cardstock to attach your last step.
There ya go! You now have a fun card base to decorate til' your tickled pink! :)

4 comments:

Jena said...

So cute, Tiffany, as always! I never knew you had a blog - so excited to stay updated on your work now, since I don't visit the boards often. TFS!

Mindyann said...

Wow! Love the card ! Just had my daughter's 3 yr old party today and she would have loved this! She LOVES Micky Mouse CLubhouse too! Grea job and I'm so glad I found your blog! Love your work from the boards. Feel free to visit me at www.creativevalleycreations.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

Way cute! I think what that second card is missing is some colorful balloons on the right hand side. That's what I would do! Thanks for the idea!

Kariberry said...

This is too cute! Love your blog! :)