Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Hope you're in the mood for some Reindeer Food!

I've been a busy little beaver finishing up my christmas cards, and making homemade goodies for teachers. I've made dozens of batches of different kinds of cookies and then came across this fun and easy "Reindeer Food" recipe from Betty Crocker. It is fast and fun for kiddos to make as well. Anyone that knows me, knows that I love to alter any and every item I can get my hands on. I've been saving these little beauties {Crystal light Containers} for just the right altered project. The reindeer food fits perfectly in these fun little containers and the altering possibilities are endless! What a fun and fast holiday gift for friends and family! Happy Holidays to you all! Here's the recipe for the Reindeer Food too!
6 cups Rice Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal
1 bag (12 oz.) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
1/3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy canes (14 mini, unwrapped)
1. Line cookie sheet with foil or waxed paper. Place cereal in large bowl.
2. In microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High about 1 min 30 sec, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Stir in half the crushed peppermint candy.
3. Pour over cereal; toss to evenly coat. Spread mixture in single layer on cookie sheet. Sprinkle with remaining candy. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes. Gently break up coated cereal. Store in airtight container.

No comments: