Friday, September 9, 2011

A crafty day!

I must admit that most of my days are filled with running children to and from school, laundry, dishes, mopping, more laundry, etc. As I was mopping my kitchen floor the other day, I actually thought to myself that I was enjoying the time I was having with "playing house". It is amazing to me that as young children we role play this work that seems never ending and so repetitive. I guess that is what helps us enjoy it later on in life.

Yesterday though, I got all my "housework" done early and was so excited to finish some projects I had started. The above Rag Messenger bag is one a friend ordered for her younger sister. My 3 year old was the oldest home this morning, so he was the photographer...I must say he did an awesome job of getting a picture of the bag, as that is what I requested. :) I think I'm becoming addicted to fabric, just like I have with paper. My husband may need to send me off to therapy {but then he would have to "play house" so I don't see him doing that! LOL}
The other project I finished was this layout of my little guys 3rd birthday party. He, as all other little boys I know, loves Toy Story, so we had to celebrate with Woody, Buzz and of coarse have cute Alien cupcakes to make it special! Here's hoping for more creative days ahead!

No comments: